Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 17-04-2006, 17:55   #1
tofra

Default New player

Hi,

I've just sold a player, and now I've 200k on the bank. Since i'm training Forward, and always play 3-4-3, I think it's smart to buy an new extra innermidfield player. Do you guys think the same way?
I'm in the 10th division and I need to promote next season (this season I lost it on a game against nr 6 )
So what should be the minimal skills of the player I should buy? Should I consider only playmaking (the main skill) or also the passing skill?

Thanks for the help!
tofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 18:08   #2
BCLG100
Deity

when i was searching for playmakers mistfit told me to watch out for the passing skill as well, so you should get someone who is decnet at it.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 18:35   #3
tofra

Maybe another idea.. Instead of buying a midfielder and keep training forwards, could I buy some you midfielders and switch training to playmaking?? My forwards are all solid.
And for the future, change training to defender after buying some young defenders...

Is this a profitable way? Or is it faster to buy better players instead of buying young players and train them.
Old 17-04-2006, 19:13   #4
Mistfit
King

I'd say if you have started a training program with forwards.. stick with it. PM training is really quite expensive to start with as you can train 6 players fully and another 4 at half rate.

If looking for IM's look for beer leaguers. Older experianced guys.
Old 17-04-2006, 19:31   #5
tofra

Even 30+ guys? Is the experience so importend?
Old 17-04-2006, 19:53   #6
Dell19
King

Experience is generally useful although apparently the gap between disastrous and wretched is greater than the gap between solid and excellent. I tend to avoid players that are over 30 unless its a temporary purchase although plenty of people do buy them.

Solid scoring is not a good level to sell players at. You should really be looking to wait until they are at least formidable.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 19:59   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

We're talking 10th division here, Dell...

I think you should spend all the money on a better trainee. Selling forwards at solid is not a good plan, like dell points out. You can make a lot more money if you train solid scorers to formidable (or up). What you should do is buy a 17 y.o. solid or 18 y.o. excellent scorer. Never mind next season, once you have a solid training program you might promote twice in a row.

Another thing, I've played 3-4-3 all season and won all my matches. I've come to think that a solid defense is the key with 3-4-3, since you'll lose midfield to midfield trainers all the time. Perhaps a good keeper is the best purchase.