Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2003, 22:41   #1
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Default Most annoying things at work

What is the most annoying thing that ever happened to you at work? I do not mean the worst thing, but the one that *really* had you going: This was fucking unnecessary!

Here's mine (I am still boiling):

I use my own, private PC at work as it is twice as fast and has a CD-toaster. I also bought my own network cable, as back when I first needed it I didn't have a job here, so I couldn't get one form the institute.

So now we moved to a new building, scrapped our old toekn ring and BCN hub networks. Now we use Western plugs. And we lack cables.

So i lent one fo our two cables to our secretary and used one for my PC.
Today, I come to the office at 8, check mails, later leave. The PC stays on.

I come back late at night, try to check mail and CFC - no connection. Well, with the Iraq war on, no surprise...

30 minutes later - no connection. Even our own university homepage cannot be found.
I start to panick: is the network card damaged from the move? OR what?

Then, I start to check things. Suddenly, I see that my network cable is......... GONE!!!!!!

Someone took it, and didn't leave a message! I find it next door at the secretary's Mac. Now she doesn't know anything about these things, so someone else must have 'helped' her - and helped himself to my cable!

And what makes me really mad: the cable was plugged intothe wall, then ran parrallel to the one leading to the Mac, then lay there on the table not connected to anything.

:nuke: