Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 13-05-2004, 20:57   #71
Socrates
Emperor

I'd like to tell that I think the admins did a good job, and that the majority of people who wrote here are happy with it, and would like Sky to come back. I really feel it was done far better than at CFC. I'm one of those who still didn't understand all why Cracker left CFC...

Sky is mature enough to take decisions, and I don't think the admins made him go away. So Meli, I don't share your point of view. I too could say some stuff about your behaviour for Diplo, but I'm not into it, and I wasn't in anger mood, but still I could say something... So get over it my friend ! You're funny when you start slang, but now it's not cool anymore.

And BTW, I wonder why Sky is leaving. I really wonder, it's just too crazy. He basically chose the shameful way to leave, and I hope he'll come back. Nobody understands it. And if he wanted to leave someday, he could at least have not cheated !?
Old 13-05-2004, 22:12   #72
Grille

And I thought Sky went on holiday because he didn't send the turn... so that's the reason.
Oh well, the game is dead.
But I think I'm going to miss Sky's fresh and funny posts much more than that game.
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 00:35   #73
Melifluous
Administrator

OK I was at the time annoyed at the turn of events.

Hindsight as always granted me 20/20 vision and I thought of a scenario that would have spared my friend his blushes (that's the friendly bit) and kept my friend posting here (that's the selfish part)

I whole heartedly apologise for my actions in these forums and concede that my own emotions had led me to a certain rose tinted glasses kind of phase.

I would also like to apologise for being a total ass and pissing people off.

Case closed. I got over it

Melifluous

PS. Also talked to anarres via MSN, he is having possibly the hardest time of all in this. He personally has organised the forums here, from the mundane allocation of avatars to the general organisation of these forums, his behaviour constitutes actions above and beyond the call of what I, as a poster, have ever had to endure. Grats and kudos anarres. In my own little world of flame I often ignore those people who work hard for our own little places in the world.
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 04:11   #74
Sir Eric
Warlord

:grouphug
Old 14-05-2004, 10:10   #75
Swingue
Prince

One comment on the way Annares and PP took care of this issue.

I am very content with their way, they took the responsible approach of first determining if there was a problem, then confront the person responsible and only then make things public. I know this because I am sitting in front of PP (about 1,5 metres) each day, play Civ3 with him and he did not once mention the name or problem with me (which must have been hard) because that is the right way to do it.

I am sad these things happen but happy that we have two responsible admins who take care of these things in a way many politicians and others in real life can take an example from

thanx

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 18:54   #76
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

the only thing I can say is, that with 20/20 hindsight, it might have been possible to inform all of Sly's opponents via email/chat before making it public.

so I'll give the mods a 99 out of a possible 100!

Old 17-05-2004, 13:10   #77
Stapel
Emperor

I already heared the rumours when I had a phonecall with Killer last week.

I'd like to add my two grants:

I am absolutely NOT surprised somebody would do this. It is absolutely 100% naive to think this wouldn't happen. For many years I have been a member of a rather big student's club, using the same principle of mutual trust in its ordering/billing system. I have always told that there will always be 1 or 2 that simply take advantage of this. Now that a new system was introduced 2 years ago, it appears it must have been dozens, if not hundreds. All 'act' surprised.....

I would like to explain all of you that Skyfish is most certainly not the only one that is cheating.
Cheating is fucking easy! A simple reload, using the admin password, using the load PBEM from sologame bug. All rediculously easy and afaik never to be checked out. I am a bit surprised about editing saves, but that doesn't make a difference. Cheating happens. It is never ok, but as long as it can be done, it will be done.

I would never ever say cheating is ok, but when starting a PBEM, you should realise that your opponent might cheat. Simple as that!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2004, 16:49   #78
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Cheating happens. It is never ok, but as long as it can be done, it will be done.
Hear, hear. But most of us figured that out already. Problem is what to do with Skyfish as person. He has now disappeared completely. (By the way, I SMSed him, but he didn't respond. Surprise(!))
Old 17-05-2004, 18:02   #79
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Cheating happens. It is never ok, but as long as it can be done, it will be done.
Hear, hear. But most of us figured that out already. Problem is what to do with Skyfish as person. He has now disappeared completely. (By the way, I SMSed him, but he didn't respond. Surprise(!))
Let's give him some time to overthink his sins. There is no reason to speed things up.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2004, 20:51   #80
Ribannah

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yndy
Ribbanah was dealt (on CFC) half-hidden and half-public which made her angry and allowed her to continue to lie, denying everything up to the end. She was banned (from CFC) and did not return there. Lots of people believed her and were lured into her lies for a time. She tried to come back at CDZ but as she kept pretending she did not cheat, she did not have a successful come-back.
I have not been here for a while (too busy) so I did not see this thread before, but this requires a reply.

It is saddening to see that after so much time some people are still spreading lies about me.

In contrast to Skyfish, I have never cheated in any of my games.
I am not banned from CFC and have been playing a number of GOTM's and COTM's, although I have no time to really finish one within a month. I've posted often enough on the CFC forums, too. Since Cracker and Aeson left I've had no problems there whatsoever.

I am applauding Kemal (someone I much respect) for providing real proof in the case of Skyfish, something which was never even attempted by my accusors even though behind the scenes I was accused of doing the exact same thing (manipulating savegames - a skill I do not even possess) and I offered to provide all my savegames of every turn.

It is quite funny that once again one of my biggest accusors, someone who was in fact abusive to me on many occasions (even far before any incident at CFC), has now been found out.

I am not surprised because I noticed a peculiar improvement in Skyfish's results since shortly after the witchhunt on me. Before, he was a mediocre player, and suddenly he could challenge the best of us while his play did not really change and he never showed any great insights into the game. But, without proof, I could and would say nothing.

I am also applauding most of you for, despite everything, NOT thrashing Skyfish as a person, and giving him every opportunity (which, alas, he has not used) to explain himself. I know that it is a fact of life that only the real offenders can get such a fair treatment, while the wrongly accused never do, but the latter is no reason to end the former.

Quote:
quote:Cracker did not cheat but was sort of like thrown out from CFC without any explanations, all his wrongdoings were edited, half the GOTM players still don’t know why he disappeared.
There are also those who do, and know better.