Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2005, 14:09   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default Dutch football league thread

Some of you might recognize the name of this thread: it's one of the oldest and longest league threads on that other forum. Since most dutchies have retired from that forum but frequent this one (during uptime ) I decided to give it another try here. Besides, people whine less here.

Three things I wanted to share thoughts on:

1. Feyenoord (obviously). After the disastrous performance yesterday (1-3 loss to hoerenveen) once again I wondered why they don't change something there fundamentally. PSV shows how far you can get with discipline and positioning. Those are two things that you can simply train on. The supporters appreciate hard work. Gullit was on studio voetbal yesterday, all he did was complaining about the lack of money. True, less money than PSV and ajax, but the other 15 clubs in the league seem to manage the lack of money a lot better than Feyenoord. PSV has a lot less money than Milan, but it doesn't show. Gullit needs to stop whining and start making his men better.

2. Any thoughts on PSV tomorrow? I say they go through.

3. Oranje. Apparently Seedorf is somewhat back in the picture now J.C. declared that his lackey Van Basten might be interested if Seedorf changes "certain aspects". I saw Seedorf performing a defensive action last week, so I think his working on those "certain aspects" already. With Sneijder and v.d. Vaart hopelessly out of shape for months, I think Seedorf could be the man for tough games against very defensive teams. He doesn't fit in the current team though.

Oh, a 4th: Landzaat to Real Madrid. With Van Bommel at Barca this will give us weekly comparisons next season