Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 18-05-2004, 17:57   #1
Mojotronica

Default Provincial Palaces.

I can't find a "wish list for Civ 4" thread on this site, so I'll post a link to my thread on this topic that I posted at CFC.

If you have time (and interest) pop over there, check out the idea and if you like it, please post your support for it. Then I'll e-mail a link to the thread to Firaxis and cross my fingers that they include it in the next version.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88251
Mojotronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 01:51   #2
Schip

Your idea adds a great new feature to this game. Though I thimk one should keep in mind the complexity it already has. IMO a lot of players (inclulding me ) do not understand or fully use all the games potentials, like micro-managing and battle optimization. I don't know if this feature will add more joy to playing this game than the features in the current game. I think Firaxis should fix the problems they are having in Civ3 first and only bring out a good, properly working version of Civ4. (which means NOT releasing extra's like PTW or Conquests AND several patches within a year or two).

About your provincial palaces. It is based on the fact that cultural groups like Catalonians () in Spain and Tibetanians (deviate from China) want to settle their own country. I think you should also make it possible that countries that are culturally linked should be able to merge. some kind of peacefull joint-venture. I didn't really think this true, but e.g. you could make it possible for a human player to make it possible to persuade an entire nation to join his, like what's happening in the European Union atm.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote