Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > BCLG's 100 variations on spam
Home

Old 06-05-2009, 02:03   #71
killercane
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
I take it none of them are near florida?
If you wanna come to Atlanta I go down there every once in a few to visit family. I'll buy you some beers and dinner... but still an awful long way if you are going to Miami/South Florida.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 19:48   #72
BCLG100
Deity

Hey,

So i've not been here for awhile, figured i'd update this.

Firstly my initial reason for not posting was that i was on holiday, Florida was really nice as was Bimini and the surrounding areas. Swimming with dolphins is definatly an experience i'd recommend if you get the chance (wild dolphins that is- i dunno how much fun it'd have been otherwise).

Probably more reason for me not posting was that my long term relationship with Em ended, i was devastated and promptly took it out on my liver. Im feeling better about it all now but frankly i didn't want to bother you all with my whiny posts about her and tbh i felt that i should force myself out the house as much as i can.

And then this past month i've moved down to London, definatly a weird experience, especially considering how i thought it was going to be when i got here (read above) but now i've got to know all my housemates it's definatly one i've been enjoying even if my bank balance is not so much- honestly how do they get away with charging that much for public transport???

Then there is law school, i've only been here for two weeks and have already been set 40 hours work for next week and apparently this is a weekly occurance. At least it's interesting i guess.

Anyways that's my life story these past couple of months, i hope everyone is doing ok and i'll try and remember to stop back and check the boards more often.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 20:44   #73
barbu1977
Emperor

I'm happy to ear form you!

To bad about that relation ending. But there is plenty of fish left in the sea. Have a great time in law school. School,, housemates, party, that is the good times!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19   #74
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hey, good thing someone got you back to posting here

Ending relationships is always tough. I can imagine you don't want to share/bother your pain wit the whole world, but don't keep it all to yourself. Talking is about it is a part of the mourning process Although I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to share it with ze internets... One thing do: don't stop doing the things you used to enjoy (e.g. spam), you need something to brighthen up your day.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:09   #75
BCLG100
Deity

Hey guys! watching that rugby lite thing you Americans call 'football' frankly i'm pretty sure i move around watching the game than half the players do what with all the breaks.

Anywhoo, figured i would give a quick update. I noticed a post by barbu saying i was missing (though this was months ago!) part of the reason is i have lost my civ discs after a re-install plus i am insanely busy.

So the thing taking up the majority of my life right now is law school. I knew it would be hard work but it is quite insane how much work it is. I'm pretty sure i could do more work but i still generally work for about 6 hours a day bare minimum. Recently it has been a lot more as i've had coursework due in.

Extra curricular activities are immense as well, apparently it makes me look better but i've not seen much benefits so far. It's tough cracking this old boys network when you know nobody inside it.

Some of it is really fun though, the law course itself seems like i'm learning a lot of it simply for the sake of it rather than for any practical use but i've joined a tribunal service (you've got to pass a test to get in) where you represent real people in tribunals. Last week i represented a lady who had been wrongly denied her disability allowance, i won her case for her, in the end she won £4000 in backdated payments and additional money for the rest of her life. I subsequently had her solicitor ask me for a copy of my submission on her behalf so she could maybe use it for someone else. Was great fun and nice to make a difference in someones life even if 4k is comparitevely small.

Otherwise London is going well, very expensive but beginning to know my way around-at least some of the areas anyways!

Relationship stuff is the same as it was but i'm feeling a lot better about that now. Even been on a couple of dates! will see what happens but i barely have the time to look after myself these days nevermind having to think of someone else!

I don't know if any of you saw on the news, maybe meli will have done due to the UK thing but the town where my folks lived were in the floods so was quite odd going back there at christmas for a few days and seeing the place a complete mess!

I tried posting at the other site a few other times about a month ago, seems every other person is a prick these days so promptly stopped! Doesn't seem to be very active around here anymore- what's up with that?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:37   #76
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Good to her from you. Indeed, it has been quite over here for a while, but there is a big game going on, so apparently everyone is focused on writing their spoilers.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:16   #77
BCLG100
Deity

Ah right, i've noticed a couple of spoilers for it. Only managed to have time for a passing look at the robi/mauer carry on movie occuring. I shall have to take a look at the others! especially as yours appears to be in English, thus half an hour of babelfish is avoided!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 13:13   #78
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Even been on a couple of dates!
Pics or it didn't happen

Quote:
Doesn't seem to be very active around here anymore- what's up with that?
I blame you for the lack of spam.
Old 13-03-2010, 00:53   #79
BCLG100
Deity

Worryingly i'm getting close to Annares in terms of spam count now and with my posts per day still above shabba i may one day overtake him. Contrary to shabba though i don't open up a whole new thread to tell everyone how i'm not going to spam anymore

Also tomorrow i have a Scholarship interview with Inner Temple
http://www.innertemple.org.uk/

They are the law inn i am already a member of and they have already given me a substantial grant for this years course but this is for next year (which they have guaranteed me the same amount again which is great) but next years course is almost double in price.

So tomorrow i am getting interviewed by what will probably be at least 2 QC's and probably 2 benchers and then a junior ish barrister
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Counsel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bencher

I am a little concerned about it, the extra money would make a big difference to me next year. The only problem is that competition is intense, very intense and I frankly have no idea how i stood out last time so have no idea what to expect really. In addition to the standard interview process we are given a case to read 30 mins before the interview based on unseen material which i also have no idea what to expect!

Mostly i dont have an answer to 'you applied last year, you got a sizeable grant then so why are you re-applying?' This is worrying me as i don't want to appear greedy but my scholarship was unnamed but if you manage to pick up a named scholarship (in that it was named after someone for those a little slow on the uptake!) then that looks just that little bit more awesome when actually coming to apply for a job. Any *serious* ideas, answers on a postcard!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 13-03-2010, 01:07   #80
mauer
King

Wear deoderant. Pants will help too.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote