Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 14-12-2006, 23:03   #721
Tubby Rower

just so you know... I just bought a solid GK who "Has outstanding experience and inadequate leadership abilities. " for 153k. Now just to wait 16 weeks. and save up the money ( $475,300-527,300) that is needed for the conversion to a solid trainer.

Passable leadership costs about 150-250k more. Some nut paid 500k for one of them. But he was a formidibale defender as well.
Old 17-12-2006, 11:16   #722
yndy
Prince

Best deal is to look carefully when you buy players for other purposes and get some leadership guys. This is how I got my solid LS midfielder which is now coach, he was only passable in experience when I bought him, several seasons ago.

Take my example, I have Stanila, my main forward, aged 26 with weak experience and passable leadership, he'll be solid in three seasons but will be made coach one or two seasons later since I just made a new coach. Then I have Turcu, one of my best midfielder, he's 24 also with weak experience and passable leadership, he'll be coach in 7-8 seasons, probably around outstanding experience. The future of the team is Florea, 19 yo disastrous experience and solid leadership, a defending trainee. He'll gain experience for 9-10 seasons until becoming a coach for my team.
Old 18-12-2006, 14:34   #723
Tubby Rower

Is it better to auto-promote or play & win a qualification match? (which will put you in an easier division?)

I have the potential this year to decide on which I choose to do. I won't start throwing any necessary matches until the end of the season. Hopefully my confidence won't screw me up as it's already wonderful. If I win next week, I'll be securely in 1st while playing the bottom feeders in my division for 8 straight weeks.
Old 18-12-2006, 15:08   #724
socralynnek

I think, there is no real connection on points you make and easyness of division you get into.

The best promoter substitutes the one with the least points whcih could either mean: a strong division or a really weak team. So, do as you like, you can't calculate how easy your division will be.
Old 18-12-2006, 18:16   #725
Socrates
Emperor

A few months ago, I did a search about players having the same name as me (first and last names) but it yielded no result. I've just done a 2nd search, and it yielded 7 results !!!
- 4 of them are players in bot teams, recently set up in the new IXth division in France ;
- 2 of them have been promoted in a YS (1 in Belgium, 1 in Switzerland) ;
- 1 of them has been there for the whole time in a Parisian team.
And what's best : All of them have been created AFTER I registered last summer. I'm a n00b, so I'm asking : is this a coincidence or not ? I believe they get their players' names set up from real names, since we enter them in their forms.

Not that I'd want to buy any of them, the only decent one is a really nasty fellow on all 3 accounts.
Old 18-12-2006, 18:26   #726
socralynnek

Normally not. It might be that your local LAs have extended the databse for French names in the last few months (the German e.g. is full since long ago), and it might be that they have taken examples from the user databse, don't know. Could be something else I guess.
Old 18-12-2006, 19:17   #727
sz_matyas

As far as the promotion goes, there are advantages to both methods:
1) Auto-promoting: You're guaranteed to promote, you get more money as a bonus for winning the division, you block another really good team from div VI from taking an auto-promotion spot
2)Qualification Match: You get extra gate income, you get an extra game for training purposes, you ensure that one of the semi-quality teams is not in the division, probably making it a touch easier. On the other hand, you may lose the qualifying match either to a better team or through freak chance.

If you are sure that you want to promote, I would go for auto-promotion. If you are questioning if you are ready for div 5 I would go with the qualification route. Just my thoughts
Old 18-12-2006, 21:58   #728
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas

you block another really good team from div VI from taking an auto-promotion spot
Italics by me. Response: not necessarily so. It could also be a mediocre team from a very weak league. And you take the place of a team that's performed poorly. That could be a bot, but it could also be a very strong team in an even stronger league.
Old 19-12-2006, 16:31   #729
yndy
Prince

I'd go for autopromotion if I feel I'm ready for the new challenge. If I'm not sure, I'd take a qualifier and check what teams are already there and what teams are coming. If advantageous, I'd try to win. I read about some statistics long ago that less than 33% of the qualifiers end up with the victory of the away team. That's something for you to consider.
Old 19-12-2006, 16:32   #730
yndy
Prince

I'd go for autopromotion if I feel I'm ready for the new challenge. If I'm not sure, I'd take a qualifier and check what teams are already there and what teams are coming. If advantageous, I'd try to win. I read about some statistics long ago that less than 33% of the qualifiers end up with the victory of the away team. That's something for you to consider.