Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 06-04-2006, 15:54   #61
grahamiam
Emperor

you mean you are not at war with an AI while goz has been at war with 2? that doesn't bode well for him. seems like he's missing out on an opportunity, which is not like him. in fact, in our game, he kept me in constant war vs various AI for the entire last third of the game.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 16:32   #62
WackenOpenAir

Indeed, i am in pretty good shape for sure compared to Goz, but i can't let my guard down. The Chinese are a real thread for me.
If i play another PBEM after this, it will be without philosophy bonus tech and without alliances against players. They are just too powerfull.

Goz hasn't really let go much of opportunities because he didn't have any. I won to philosophy, threw him in a tech hole and bought an AI againt him. He has nothing to offer for the AI to fight me, he even payed the AI gpt for horseback riding.
So, he did not yet have the opportunity to return me the favor, but he sure will in the future. So i just make sure i am not only prepared, i try to make sure that i am so prepared that the war is gonna be in my advantage. (And if he doesn't start my war, i would have to do it myself anyway because of the cultural thread)

The only disadvantage i have is that i have the monster AI threathening me culturaly.

I could change SoZ to FP, but unfortunately, the place is not very good for the FP. Just look at the picture. I would like the FP in Machu Picchu or whatever is called there south of my capital.

65 shields are already made, so i cannot change it to a barracks now, which is what i should have build there. Any other city improvement is not worth it. So i will just keep building for now, and i can always decide to swich to FP later if it turns out i won't be building the FP in a better place. The value of SoZ is 10 spt (50s units every 5 turns) A badly placed FP probably has a similar or slightly better value.

Something i forgot to mention:
I also have 250 gold and at least 4 vet swords to upgrade. However, i keep the gold for now because i might need it. If Goz is gonna buy China against me, i must imeadiately buy India against China before i have them both against me. Gold is the only thing i have to give now, so i better keep it to bribe India when needed. If it turns out not to be needed, i can always still upgrade the warriors.

If i wanted to be truly evil, i could of course buy France against him right now. But i'm a nice guy, i don't want to be that evil
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 17:14   #63
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Hasnt stopped people around here from buying everything and their dog against eachother.
Old 06-04-2006, 19:28   #64
WackenOpenAir

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Hasnt stopped people around here from buying everything and their dog against eachother.
No? Ok, maybe then i'll do it, i'll tell Gozpel it was your idea
Old 07-04-2006, 16:31   #65
WackenOpenAir

turn 80,

An important change in the situation. Gozpel managed to get peace with his neighbours and get the tech needed to reach MA as well as replublic.

His army is weak compared to my 6 horses and 10 warriors, so i think is paying gpt trough the nose for this. Very possible since it might be just about 20 turns since he made a gpt deal with an AI for horseback riding.

Goz now made me the offer for a 20 turn peacedeal and trade my Literature for his Republic if i pay some cash as well.

I assume he is paying gpt to his most recent enemy, Japan. So i don't want to buy Japan against him. That makes the 20 turn peacedeal a pretty decent idea as it will also stop him from buying china against me. How do PBEM players deal with peace deals? Is it a matter of honor to stay at peace for the full 20 turns or do you guys stab eachother in the back when peacedeals are made?

Unofortunately, my empire is not yet ready for republic. I expect a small or moderate loss of research if i turn to republic now.

The good thing of a republic change would be that i can attack china and start my golden age. The golden age would help me build a decent republic and an army to further punish China. I first need some more horses though, and i can't have a revolt first or they will surely have feudalism before i attack them.

I am also still researching Monotheism, so i might get Republic in trades anyway. Of course, that would be too late for an attack on China to triger the golden age as then they will have feudalism.

It is a difficult matter, i am gonna be thinking about this a bit more...

Old 07-04-2006, 17:16   #66
Rik Meleet

Usually, how strict treaties are held is discussed before the game. I know of no game where a priori a "treaties are holy" agreement was made, that was broken. But I don't know everything.

Personally; I would never break a XX turn (why 20 ??) deal with a human.
Old 07-04-2006, 17:18   #67
Tubby Rower

20 is what all per turn deals are. So he might have just taken the default peace deal in the diplo screen
Old 07-04-2006, 18:07   #68
Rik Meleet

I know 20 is default. I also know there's nothing against making deals with the opponent like "peace till turn 100" or "No MA's till we reach the Industrial Age" or whatever. That's the fun part of PBEM; you can make deals more flexible than "20 turns or forever" ..
Old 07-04-2006, 18:58   #69
Tubby Rower

true... I'll stop following you now, Rik.
Old 09-04-2006, 14:52   #70
WackenOpenAir

Since i don't need republic yet and my monotheism has a huge chance of succes (AI's are 93% sure to research feudalism when they get into MA), i have declined goz' offer. I told him i could trade without gold, but he didn't like that idea.
I keep building horses and i may attack China in 6 turns or so. (14 horses then)
Gman, i assume cultural conversion is not turned off ?

Goz told me the value of Republic is now 20-25gpt depending on what AI to deal with. I have not harmed my reputation in any way, i am aproximately the same size as Goz and have a stronger millitary, why do the AI charge me around 40-45 gpt for it ?

Meanwhile, i decided that with 14 industrious workers i have enough for now.
3 cities are producing a settler. These will be ready in about 10 turns and can then be used to replace the chinese towns i am gonna raze.
A galley is just produced. A veteran Jav thrower will be produced instead of a horse and another Jav thrower will be pop rushed in a corrupt town. These 2 guys will be boarded and sail towards Gozpel. They are expected to arrive in 20-25 turns or so. I do this so that i can activate my golden age on Gozpel or if needed a far away AI without the need for war with my neighbours. And who knows, maybe i can do some damage to Goz as well.