Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > BCLG's 100 variations on spam
Home

Old 21-04-2009, 10:28   #61
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
Well it should hopefully be attached to this post if i've done it right!

double spaced as that is how we're supposed to hand our essays in
You got that from ze internets! Fraud!

Anyway, so we can expect the usual flood of spam to resume?
Old 21-04-2009, 12:44   #62
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
You got that from ze internets! Fraud!

Anyway, so we can expect the usual flood of spam to resume?
*shrug* it seems as i grow up i have less and less time to mince about, i've got exams and then a break, then i'm going on holiday to America! (do we have any folk that live in Florida) then i start my law course (which seems to be a 60-70 hour week!)

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 13:15   #63
Shabbaman
Administrator

If law courses in the UK are remotely similar to dutch law courses, that 70 study hours are equal to 7 hours of actual labor.
Old 21-04-2009, 23:30   #64
mauer
King

Quote:
*shrug* it seems as i grow up i have less and less time to mince about, i've got exams and then a break, then i'm going on holiday to America! (do we have any folk that live in Florida) then i start my law course (which seems to be a 60-70 hour week!)
I think KC is in Tennessee, I'm in Texas, Whomp is in Illinois, Tubby is in NC or SC (I think), SZ is wisconsin (?), romeo is in SD, and Rob is in Louisiana. Not sure of any other US of A'ers on here.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 01:35   #65
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
I think KC is in Tennessee, I'm in Texas, Whomp is in Illinois, Tubby is in NC or SC (I think), SZ is wisconsin (?), romeo is in SD, and Rob is in Louisiana. Not sure of any other US of A'ers on here.
Akots is in Houston and Garhamiam is on the est coast but I'm not sure where, Pennsylvannia?
Old 22-04-2009, 02:49   #66
BCLG100
Deity

I take it none of them are near florida?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 22-04-2009, 04:36   #67
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
Akots is in Houston and Garhamiam is on the est coast but I'm not sure where, Pennsylvannia?
Bah, I knew I'd miss someone.

Quote:
I take it none of them are near florida?
Not really. Rob and KC are your closest, but still a stretch.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 08:04   #68
Robi D
King

Your essay is very interesting, i enjoyed reading it but if i may make a point or two (not that it really matters)

Firstly while not a central theme i was surprised that you did not look into the subjugation of non-muslims and dhimmitude practised by the ottomans.

Also the ottomans abducted children of the conquered foes to raise them to be warriors for the empire.

More curious then anything as to why these two topics weren't approached given that the essay as a whole was very comprehensive

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 14:49   #69
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
Your essay is very interesting, i enjoyed reading it but if i may make a point or two (not that it really matters)

Firstly while not a central theme i was surprised that you did not look into the subjugation of non-muslims and dhimmitude practised by the ottomans.

Also the ottomans abducted children of the conquered foes to raise them to be warriors for the empire.

More curious then anything as to why these two topics weren't approached given that the essay as a whole was very comprehensive

Well the period i looked at was 1450-1560 really, i spoke in quite great length on the Seriat (islamic religious law) and it's prominence over all other forms of law, i also mentioned how other religions were treated, subservient law, taxes etc- the dissertation was limitedby words and i still went over the limit but my tutor told me that it would be fine therefore i couldn't go off at great length about something which didn't add a reasonable argument to my thesis

I did speak at great length about that second point, it's called the devshirme (in arabic essentially this means collection) system, the children were raised in the Janissary corps and to a lesser extent some of the cavalry divisions. However, the Palace and the administration tended to get first pick of the children so it was predominantly the worse of those taken which became soldiers. These children (using that term loosely, the age taken was from 8-18 or thereabouts) were predominantly taken from the balkan region as the loophole was found in the Seriat where they were able to enslave those which had not been under the jurisdiction of Mohammed.

Thanks for reading it though, hope this has answered your statements/questions etc.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 22-04-2009, 15:33   #70
Robi D
King

Quote:
Well the period i looked at was 1450-1560 really, i spoke in quite great length on the Seriat (islamic religious law) and it's prominence over all other forms of law, i also mentioned how other religions were treated, subservient law, taxes etc- the dissertation was limitedby words and i still went over the limit but my tutor told me that it would be fine therefore i couldn't go off at great length about something which didn't add a reasonable argument to my thesis

I did speak at great length about that second point, it's called the devshirme (in arabic essentially this means collection) system, the children were raised in the Janissary corps and to a lesser extent some of the cavalry divisions. However, the Palace and the administration tended to get first pick of the children so it was predominantly the worse of those taken which became soldiers. These children (using that term loosely, the age taken was from 8-18 or thereabouts) were predominantly taken from the balkan region as the loophole was found in the Seriat where they were able to enslave those which had not been under the jurisdiction of Mohammed.

Thanks for reading it though, hope this has answered your statements/questions etc.
I didn't really think about the word limit so i take your point on that.

With the devshirme that is me suffering from old age. As soon as i saw the word in your reply it jogged my memory of it.

Anyway it was good to read, hope you get a good mark/score for your essay

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote