Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 13-12-2003, 14:38   #51
Skyfish

anarres is right, the game will try all possibilities before letting the shileds go to waste, the Wonder trick works perfectly I had forgotten about it when posting (Make note to self, not to post in this thread while drunk on a Friday night
Also, just FYI, something ppl forget about, you can chop outside of a city's cultural border the shieldds will still go to the city.
Old 13-12-2003, 23:40   #52
Kingreno

1750BC/turn1

As "agreed" we buy Math from the Greeeks. It results in the following deals:
Greece gives Math for Writing and 315 Gold
India gives 130 for Writing
Spain gives 46 for Writing (I hesitated but did it anyway)
Vikings give 206 for Math
In all cases but the first deal it involved all cash the AI had.
Vikings do have MM but won't trade, Babs have 6 gold, which is not enough to give em a tech IMHO.

As for builds I continue the paths chosen and prepare new setlers/workers/and a curragh in Groningen. MM heavily every turn is very much needed. especially when teh Randstad is so full!

A warrior from Utrecht goes SW to block the Isthmus!

ITT 1750BC-1725BC: Nothing!!

1725BC/turn2

The babs have 28 gold now and a worker as well. I decide to give them math for that. The Magnificent city of Eindhoven is founded. Thanks guys for having me found that one.
Also, our prosperous nation grows ever more weary of its existence, lux is upped to 30% to keep the Hague happy.
In the northern Jungle I fortify our reg warrior since a barb warrior aproaches.
There are no changes in AI tradeoptions. Our scouts report that the world is probably round since both west and east lead to India![]

ITT 1725-1700BC: The Barb attacks and dies, promoting our warrior to veteran! Some Spannish wannabee boat wanders trough our waters.

1700BC/turn3

Nothing much but MM.

ITT 1700-1675BC: An Indian boat is following the Spannish one. Is this a race?

1675BC/turn4

The Vikings use their MM well as they found a city on our continent. Luckily it is way up north very near the Babs!
Again, nothing big happening. Some workers finish and palnns need to be set up for city placement as well, for setlers are ready!

ITT 1675-1650BC: Nothing!

1650BC/turn5

By this time The hague and A'dam are on 4tsf. however, they are "out of phase" so a'dam is size 5 when TH is 4, and vise versa. so by warriorhopping Mili police only 3 warriors are needed!
The grand setler plan is executed.
Setlers are planned in:
-places near goody huts! pop them with settlement.
-Rotterdam will also build one, that will move towards the hut south of it with the Dies.
-Utrecht will send it's setler to the Chokepoint.
-next, as many spots as possilbe need to be either on the sea (extra commerce) or on fresh water (extra food), or both

The "dotlike" map will follow.

ITT 1650-1625BC: Nothing

1625BC/ turn6

Spain gets Poly. They won't trade for Math+gold+gpt max.
The Babs got MM this turn, as well as the Indians. No-one will trade. Spain is the only one lacking Math.

ITT 1625-1600BC: One scout warrior dies of barbs in far Indian territory.
Also, the Vikings demand 50 gold cash, I give in.

1600BC/ turn7

I set some workers to clear some jungle north west of the Hague.

ITT 1600-1575BC: Nothing

1575BC/ turn8

Move setlers and workers around. One trade possible. I could get MM from Babs for 600+18gpt. I wait...

ITT 1575-1550 BC: Nothing.

1550BC/turn 9

Found Arnhem. The Hut next to it gives a warrior.

Also...Poly and MM are for sale. still for everything we have, I wait.

ITT 1550-1525BC: A babylonian Bowman and a warrior come from the north. still five squares away, but I think there are no more barbs in the area and Hamu is annoyed...Trouble?
At least we know who will sell us a tech for gpt now!

1525BC/ turn 10.

I found Maastricht.
teh rest is up to PP. I suggest getting Poly in a gpt from the babs. techwise, the greeks lack Poly as well, whille all have MM. I think Greece will trade Poly for MM.
There are no other techs available yet.
Good news on the scoutfront is athe appearance of a yellow border. The zulu probably are to the southeast!
The Map:

121.9*KB

The Red circles are targetted by setlers. the SE from the one to be produced in Utrecht, the Dyes place from the one in Rotterdam.
The Northeast either by the settler in the pic, or by the new one from the Hague. PP's choice.
The Purple dots indicate great places to build windmills.[]

and the area SE off groningen:

32.02*KB

And the Save. Good luck PP, we're doing okay

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SidSG.1500BC.SAV
226.52KB
Old 14-12-2003, 10:43   #53
Skyfish

More than okay actually ! We're so much not "in a hole" that its *almost* too easy I still LOVE that game though
Old 14-12-2003, 17:06   #54
anarres
anarchist butcher

I was going to suggest the purple circle 4 south from A'dam could be the last to settle, but then I remembered we get 2 food for irrigated desert.
Old 16-12-2003, 23:06   #55
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

start
Make deal with babs: poly for 24gpt and 380 gold, deal with Greece poly and 48 gold for mapmaking

interturn
babs move south.

Turn1
Sent settler from the Hague to purple dot SW of Utrecht dont wanna settle in front of babs when they plan an attack
Greeks have monopoly on construction, I dont even bother to ask em to sell it.

turn 2
nothing

Interturn
Scandinavian settler/spear combo appears north of arnhem

turn 3
nothing

turn 4
Dunno what I did wrong but I get a settler from the hague or a'dam only in 5 turns because I dont have enough shields. Decide to build a warrior in both so we can so 7-5 toggle

Everybody except India has philosophy, Spain also has monarchy

interturn
Vikings settle on Western coast between us and babs. lots of bab units pop up.

151.4*KB

turn 5
nothing

interturn
babs bypass viking town, maybe they're after us after all. Greece extorts us for 30 gold.

turn 6
Vikings have founded a 2nd city near us!!! They are our first target: close, taking our spots and their core is far away!

267.23*KB
Found Haarlem. Found holwerd next to hut. Get maps. Switch utrecht to spear instead of settler.

interturn
Babs turn around!

turn 7
utrecht into civil disorder. Found Middelburg

turn 8
Groningen finishes Galley, sent to make contact with Shaka.Found Delft close to babs, hope it wont flip.

interturn
Babs move towards us again

turn 9
Found Breda next to dyes and hut. Get warrior from hut.

interturn
Greece (founded an embassy with us in turn 3 or something) declares war on India.

turn 10
nothing much

237.39*KB

FOr next player:
- still noone has currency, but I think someone will soon unless everybody is researching gov techs. Stick woith currency and pray.
- Send the galley towards the zulus, they may just be our ticket to the last AA techs.
- We're running out of land, I think we need some defense now. We didnt end up very bad, Spain to the west is wordt performing AI, Scandinvia is second worse AI. Babs are doing better though. So to avoid a bab walkover spears would be very nice
- If we manage to build up forces we can attack the scandinavian cities and maybe get something out of ragnar. But that will take more than 10 turns I guess
- Wouldnt connect the iron anytime soon to avoid depletion.
- some more workers would come in handy also
- I just notice I forgot to MM Amsterdam before saving the turn, need to do that 1st turn to keep 2 turn growth.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SG.1200BC.SAV
269.87*KB
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2003, 09:06   #56
Skyfish

We still had a very good expansion/land grab phase for a Sid level game, now is time to fill in the desert and start building up for our future "continent cleansing operation"
Old 17-12-2003, 17:57   #57
Kingreno

My 2 cents:
- Build at least 10 more cities, this is a large map so corruption won't hurt, besides we need the extra production. \
- Micromanage even more!
- Build another galley in groningen. The fact that we see no Greek landunits from the east suggests the possibility there is a seastrait to the east that leads north after that. We may find China.
- We must have a city with harbouraccess to the western ocean for possible trade opportunities.
- Agree with PP on
Old 20-12-2003, 20:50   #58
Kemal

1: Founded Leiden in the south, Rotterdam produces worker and starts on another, while Groningen will build another galley. Spain now has currency, no other ai has it but I'm afraid we're still too far away from it (27 turns) to have any chance of trading it with another ai when we invent it. On a brighter note, we're 7th in productivity! (but 8th in all other major categories..)

2: Not much to report..

3: Den helder founded east of Rotterdam, Harlingen founded in the north. Make contact with zululand, who are unfortunately even more backwards than we are, trade them mathematics for 72 gold (all they have), they still lack polytheism too. Amsterdam has completed barracks and is ready to pump military units, spearmen for now to upgrade to pikes later, since we don't have any horses nearby it looks like we're going to have to trade for those.

4: Madras completed mausoleum. Utrecht and The Hague finish settlers, dyes are connected!

5: Thermopylae completed Statue of Zeus, some AI (Spain, India, Greece) have entered the new age.

6: Scandinavia and Greece signed a military alliance against India. Groningen completes galley to do some more exploring, and hopefully opening up a trade route to other civs. Lauwersoog founded to the west of The Hague.

7: Not much to report..

8:Time to despair... In a terrible wonder cascade, Babylon completes the Temple of Artemis , as well as the Great Wall, while India grabs the Great Library leaving Spain with the Hanging Gardens. Enschede founded in the desert south of Amsterdam.

9: Encounter a barb village to the north, our curragh has nearly completed it's voyage back to Holland, which should open up trading possibilites once the harbor in Groningen is finished in 3 turns from now. 3 workers are connecting the iron now, as many of the AI seem to lack this precious metal.

10: Not mcuh to report. We've been able to trade Philosophy with Zululand for polytheism for some time now, but I haven't done so so far since Zululand is outside the boat-range of most AI's, and all other AI's already have everything the zulus have to give. Babylon is behind some techs, so hopefully if we can get a good price for our iron we might be able to grab quite a few techs.

This is what our empire looks like atm:

87.82KB

and the minimap:

6.57KB

Plus, of course, the save:
Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Sg_950bc.sav
306.26KB
Old 21-12-2003, 14:53   #59
Skyfish

Got it !
Old 22-12-2003, 10:26   #60
Kingreno

What do you guys think about that Insence to the east? Can we grab it? Would be great for trading and happiness!