Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ cup
Home

Old 18-09-2014, 14:23   #51
barbu1977
Emperor

A fifth CDZ cup final and same old story for the Barbiers. I'll never win this stupid thing unless I'm the only team playing.

Good job Chemists!
Old 18-09-2014, 15:39   #52
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, we can do this 30 more seasons.
Old 18-09-2014, 21:12   #53
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
A fifth CDZ cup final and same old story for the Barbiers. I'll never win this stupid thing unless I'm the only team playing.

Good job Chemists!
Well, you could have won. I was pressing, so that was tricky with your 4-4-2 but IMO, almost any 3-5-2 further increasing your midfield might have done the job. As it were, all chances were crippled and it was hard to score for you.

I'm still struggling to understand but it seems like against pressing, under current match engine version, best bet is to increase attack or increase midfield. Defense can be lowered as the result. I'm not sure however.
Old 18-09-2014, 21:13   #54
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Well, we can do this 30 more seasons.
Lets try and see how far it can go.
Old 18-09-2014, 22:21   #55
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Well, you could have won. I was pressing, so that was tricky with your 4-4-2 but IMO, almost any 3-5-2 further increasing your midfield might have done the job. As it were, all chances were crippled and it was hard to score for you.

I'm still struggling to understand but it seems like against pressing, under current match engine version, best bet is to increase attack or increase midfield. Defense can be lowered as the result. I'm not sure however.
I should have played 3-5-2, but I'm training defense. I needed the extra spot. I must say, I did not go through the process of checking your past alignment, I just made my best formation with 4 defense spots.

This if not the fist time I'm getting beaten by pressing. I must check what to do against a pressing team.
Old 19-09-2014, 07:05   #56
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
... I must check what to do against a pressing team.
Pressing just decreases the chances for both sides but has no effect on special events. It does work against long shots if I understand correctly. So, if pressing suppresses 4 events per match (I think I'm between 3 and 4), and without pressing chances were 6 to 4 in your favor, that means that most likely is that 2-3 of you chances are suppressed and 2-1 of my chances are suppressed and 6 to 4 may become either 3-3 or 4-2. Each chance is weighted for scoring (attack vs defense). So, if we get 3-3, you midfield advantage is completely neutralized and only attack vs defense matters. If the match gets 4-2, and my defense is better than your attack which is usually the case for teams playing pressing, you have instead of 6 chances to score only 4 chances. If each chance is let's assume 40%, you score either 3 or 2 goals without pressing or 2 or 1 goals with pressing. By increasing midfield, you can increase chance despite pressing in your favor or increase probability of scoring by increasing attack vs defense.
Old 19-09-2014, 10:41   #57
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Pressing just decreases the chances for both sides but has no effect on special events. .
Not a direct effect, but if normal chances are pressed away, then a bigger percentage of the goal opportunities are SEs. So their relative importance grows.

Quote:
It does work against long shots if I understand correctly..
Yes (at least against the long shots that come from the long shot tactic.

Quote:
So, if pressing suppresses 4 events per match (I think I'm between 3 and 4), and without pressing chances were 6 to 4 in your favor, that means that most likely is that 2-3 of you chances are suppressed and 2-1 of my chances are suppressed and 6 to 4 may become either 3-3 or 4-2. Each chance is weighted for scoring (attack vs defense). So, if we get 3-3, you midfield advantage is completely neutralized and only attack vs defense matters. If the match gets 4-2, and my defense is better than your attack which is usually the case for teams playing pressing, you have instead of 6 chances to score only 4 chances. If each chance is let's assume 40%, you score either 3 or 2 goals without pressing or 2 or 1 goals with pressing. By increasing midfield, you can increase chance despite pressing in your favor or increase probability of scoring by increasing attack vs defense.
If you press, you might be unlucky as well and only press away your chances...

As most of the times, pressing is used if offense is lacking vs defense (or if midfield is lacking), then yes, the counter tactic against pressing should be strengthening attack or specialities IMHO.
But still, against a pressing team, you should not give up too much midfield, as your attack can only score if you get chances...
Old 21-09-2014, 00:09   #58
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
... If you press, you might be unlucky as well and only press away your chances...

As most of the times, pressing is used if offense is lacking vs defense (or if midfield is lacking), then yes, the counter tactic against pressing should be strengthening attack or specialities IMHO.
But still, against a pressing team, you should not give up too much midfield, as your attack can only score if you get chances...
Indeed, it is possible. I had it happened a few times.

I use it exclusively when midfield is lacking. It does not help but sometimes, I can draw a lost game and sometimes, score is minimal when I lose. The fans are generally unhappy though but sponsors don't seem to mind. So, I don't think it has financial impact as fans are going to be unhappy anyhow because I'm losing consistently. Whether it is 0-1 (minimal) or 2-4 (without pressing), additional unhappiness has small impact on match attendance. I presume that attendance in not random and depends on weather, position of teams in league, and fan mood. My stadium/arena is constant presumably optimal as I did not touch it for the past 7 or 8 years.
Old 21-09-2014, 14:41   #59
Shabbaman
Administrator

So I managed to get kicked out of the fake cup, how about a new round of CDZ fun?
Old 22-09-2014, 02:46   #60
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Anytime, just fire it up.