Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 27-04-2006, 00:36   #41
Tubby Rower

Ok here's what's going on as far as I can tell.

Robboo has talked with Meleager and RobiD in order to get Matrix out of the game. Meleager jumped the gun and Robi D and Robboo aren't ready.

GeorgeOP is planning on taking out Kuningus (formerly Peter of Russia). I'm scouting for him since I have OB with Kuningus.

People have been trading like $2 whores as of late. Only Metal Casting and HBR are out there and not in my knowledge bank. I'm researching Currency due in 5, George is researching Metal Casting due in ~12 I think. And Robboo is researching CoL giving us a religion due in 4 I believe. George is also chopping the oracle due in 4 and plans to get Monarchy if he can.

I have a pretty good relationship with everyone but am expecting to get sideswiped in the near future

And lastly here is my homeland. I have pop rushed extensively and am recovering mildly. I have plenty of food and will be getting a settler out after an axe or two have been made.
Old 27-04-2006, 07:38   #42
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Now tell me this - what kind of trading do $2 whores do? Stock market?

And how do you know I wonder

More seriously though: What negative effects are from poprushing in cIV?

(me no gamey installed, but wonders, and cannot check)
Old 27-04-2006, 08:49   #43
Shabbaman
Administrator

Shouldn't you hook up that bronze and horses?
Old 27-04-2006, 12:49   #44
Tubby Rower

@ , pop rushing give 1 but if kept small most cities can handle it done twice in a row. The number of gets higher if there is already due to poprushing.

RE: $2 Whores... I meant that the wenches were traded not that they were trading .. I really don't have a lot experience with whores so if anyone out there has any, please enlighten us

@ , I don't need copper (until the late game) since I have iron hooked up. It'll be hooked up last when the workers have nothing else to do. The horses will be hooked up eventually just not needed right now.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:54   #45
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hmmm... Doesn't copper give a hammer bonus, like stone?
Old 27-04-2006, 12:57   #46
Tubby Rower

no except on stuff that needs wires like the Internet. Maybe for the Collossus.
Old 27-04-2006, 15:33   #47
digger760
King

copper gives double production speed on certain things..i can only think of Wonders. But you also need it to be able to build spears dont you?
Old 27-04-2006, 15:49   #48
Darkness

Forges will require copper too...
Old 27-04-2006, 15:54   #49
Tubby Rower

no I can build spears with iron I think. I'll be hooking it up soon. but there are other priorities.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:16   #50
Tubby Rower

I was a little scared of this alliance at the beginning but it's working out quite nicely. Robboo is helping out in taking out Matrix. George just took a Russian city from Kuningas to which I was was his eyes . I just closed borders with Kuningas and demanded HBR. He has a worker just out in the open now. I think that I'll be taking that next turn.

On the tech race... I'm one turn from Currency, George is 5 turns from Metal Casting, and Rob is making a slow burn on another religious tech. He really doesn't want to be first to get it (Don't know why).

I'm a few turns from my 2nd settler for my 3rd city. Rob has a missionary waiting for me from when he discovered Confusionism. I'll be making missionaries for everyone since both of them are at war. I'm also 9 turns or less away from building the Great Lighthouse. Not many opponents are on the shore and I'm hoping that the ones that are either have crappy production tiles or are busy in a war that they need to focus on. I hope I get it as it will add 2 trade routes to each coastal city (and all will be coastal).