Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 09-05-2003, 19:24   #41
Aggie
Emperor

Question: should I revolt to democracy or should I stay a republic. Faster workers are nice, but do I miss other benefits? I'm worried that I have to revolt back when at war with Killer.
Old 09-05-2003, 19:49   #42
anarres
anarchist butcher

Remember that WW between human players is significantly reduced if not removed completely.

I would worry more about losing 7 or 8 turns of science research, although reduced corruption may make up for this.
Old 12-05-2003, 17:39   #43
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 243:

Part one of my mission is completed. I destroyed the Greeks in two turns :

37.02KB

Part two is in progress (occupy all land on my own continent). Seven settler are one turn from completion.

I'm a bit worried that Killer can gain on me in the tech race. I am discovering techs before him, making research for him cheaper. He now is only two techs behind, instead of three.
Old 12-05-2003, 17:58   #44
anarres
anarchist butcher

Maybe you should consider what buildings/units are required for tech research and be carful not to build things you don't need.
Old 12-05-2003, 18:10   #45
Aggie
Emperor

So I should build libraries, marketplaces, banks, stock exchanges, universities, Wall Street. Everything to make money and up the tech speed. Right?
Old 12-05-2003, 20:38   #46
anarres
anarchist butcher

I would hope you have at least built libraries and marketplaces in every city by now. []

Banks and uni's are important too, I would expect you to need these in all non-corrupt cities.

Personally, if tech is what I am after and my science is over 50% I build libs/uni's/research labs if possible before building the money bringers.

Don't forget that you should have 100% of tiles improved too. Crank out the workers form your floodplain cities or wherever is most appropriate. I remember from your game with ERIKK that his land was almost 100% terraformed and yours wasn't. You have to maximise your core cities as quickly as possible too. It makes sense to pump lots of workers from semi-corrupt cities &lt; 6 with granaries, and when your land transformation is nearing completion to add them to your core cities. You get pop growth for 10 food then, instead of 30.
Old 12-05-2003, 21:20   #47
Aggie
Emperor

I have markets and libaries in almost all my 'old' core cities, but I moved my core not so long ago Thanks for the tips!
Old 13-05-2003, 17:24   #48
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 246:

More income:

54.48KB

These demographics make me very happy:

22.48KB

However, Killer can easily steal techs and get level in science. Considering that, I think that I shouldn't be so happy about the prospect of a Space Race.
Old 13-05-2003, 17:32   #49
Aggie
Emperor

We still didn't build this one:

13.61KB
Old 14-05-2003, 08:16   #50
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 247:

We agreed to have peace until 267. This is fine with me, because I am ahead in almost every area and still ahve to build up my new core fully.

I discovered Radio and now I'm researching Sanitation (hospitals).

However, Killer is stealing all my techs and gets them very cheap. Even if you consider that he will fail once in a while. He stopped research I think. I seriously think about stopping the research myself and use the money for improvements and military.

Is that a good idea? Or should I keep on researching at max, not allowing me to rush-build?