Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 07-12-2009, 01:48   #31
Robi D
King

Turn 60

The building of cottages continues at a great pace and its starting to make an impact on the finances. I've started on a settler for my 6th city and in my capital i'm building the Great Wall. In my mind its a double plus, if someone beats my to it i'll get a nice refund in cash that i can spend on research, or i build it and get a nice supply of great spies which mauer used to great effect in one of our pbems.

I've finally explored every little corner of my patch of dirt and roughly layed out some city location. Only the next three are set in place the other will probably be moved around.

I've also done some exploring of worset's area, he is right next to our common land bridge as well. I don't understand why he has put Marbrice where he has, maybe the answer is on the other side of the city because he is missing out on the cows where he is. Also its nice and isolated from where his other cities are

The demographics are looking good, the GNP is picking up and i'm still a leader in food and production, also hit number one in the soldiers catagory

I'm going to do sailing after writing, i'm hoping to get some trade routes that way, after that i'm think IW and MC but i might need to look at going for currency as well depending on the finances as i put my next 3 cities into place

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 03:37   #32
Robi D
King

Turn 70

I have my sixth city started, Iron Gate. I've also researched Archery and Writing since the last update and i'm now on Iron Working. Building libraries in the main cities at the moment, before going for a few more settlers. I lost out on the Great Wall by a couple of turns but got 149 gold out of it so i can continue running at a loss for a while.

Also found some of ynnek's cities, he is a fair way from me. Bit annoyed that with sailing we have a trade route which he is getting and i'm not. The only thing i can think of is some of the coast tiles between myself and him haven't been exlpored by me, which is the main priority so i can get some more commerce for my economy.

My GNP fell as soon as i started on IW, so i'm guessing none of my known neighbours have it, that made me drop down to 13th position. Also lost a bit of ground on food but that due to cites hitting the happiness limit so i've switched to other tiles for a bit more production.

Not much else to report on, main focus for the next 10-20 turns is getting that trade route with ynnek working and getting my next two cities underway, then i'll start to look at taking on worset

Old 24-12-2009, 11:42   #33
Robi D
King

Turn 79

Figured it would be a good time to do an update since the game will close down for a bit over a week for the Christmas/New Year holiday period.

First off, city number 7 is up and running, Barbuska, named in honour of the map maker who was kind enough to give me some gems so that my citizen could have some luxury in their lives. I also got some of Beam's Buddism spreading into my lands at Iron Gate. I finished researching IW and found a deposit near Kalemegdan which is being hooked up now. I'm still trying to get my trade route to ynnek working. I did some digging and it seems with BtS that I must have the Fog of War cleared for the route to open up and work, hence i have 2 chariots working on that. Also building some archers to get rid of the warriors (i might save the promoted ones for future upgrade) and free up the axemen from city sentry duty. Also building some workers to bring the number up to 10, which should be more the enough to take care of the needs of my soon to be 8 cities.

The demographics haven't changed much, although the GNP has gone up again and i find myself in 9th.

Old 24-12-2009, 15:03   #34
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
First off, city number 7 is up and running, Barbuska, named in honour of the map maker who was kind enough to give me some gems so that my citizen could have some luxury in their lives.
How nice of you!
Old 26-12-2009, 09:21   #35
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
How nice of you!
Bet the others didn't thank you, probably just bitched and complained

Old 26-12-2009, 16:01   #36
barbu1977
Emperor

Or worst, did not write any spoilers.
Old 18-01-2010, 02:20   #37
Robi D
King

Turn 90

Been a bit slow putting this up. First off city #8 Big Texan is up and running meaning there is no way into my area without open borders. I have finally got my trade route with ynnek up and running which has helped. I'm still having to run 40/50 % research so there wont be any further expansion until that can come up but in the mean time i'm hoping to get a couple of wonders for myself

Had a chance to explore ynneks territory more fully, he only has 5 cities at the moment and is a fair war from our land bridge. He is still keen on getting a road between us in the future but that will take some time. We also agreed to not building cities in each others areas and continuing our cooperation indefinately. I've also come to the conclusion with the way the land bridges are organised that ynnelk, beam, worset and myself are isolated from the rest and it would stand to reason this pattern is repeated for the rest. So if ynnek and i can get rid of beam and worset it would put us at an advantage over the others

The demographics are more or less were the same, the food has slipped but thats due to hitting happiness limits in my cities, production is still at the top and commerce is improving. The main task is now getting some more happiness, which means getting the gems hooked up, speading beams religion a little more and getting monarchy

Old 21-01-2010, 00:27   #38
Robi D
King

Turn 95

Though i'd give a bit more of an insight into the relative position between myself and my 3 neighbours.

First off the GNP graph, worsets come up a bit of late but there is not much to choose between the 4 of us

Production is almost as much as the total of the other three

I'm in a good position with power

It all looks good for an attack on worset once my reseach rate can return to a healthier position. With these figures he wont be advanced by comparision but i can completely outproduce him. Even if Beam decided to jump in and help i hold more than enough of an advantage to take worset out

Old 25-01-2010, 12:57   #39
Robi D
King

Turn 100

We have hit the century mark. I've connected up the gems and hopefully in a few turns will have the Hanging Gardens built. I've also started the Mausoleum. I've started research on Monarchy which will be followed by Construction. By that stage i should be pulling in enough taxes to get the research rate back up so i can start planning my attack on worset

A closer look at all my cities, as you can see health is not a issue

And the demographics, the gems have brought the GNP up a bit further

Old 25-01-2010, 18:53   #40
Rik Meleet

Can you post a screenshot with show the luxuries? (CTRL-R)