Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Yndy's Zoo
Home

Old 26-07-2004, 23:46   #31
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Take the 20% and look for a hole. It ain't over 'til it is over.
Old 17-08-2004, 04:54   #32
yndy
Prince

Edit: Happy one year anniversary of our game

One on one with annares

The year is 850AD and we're at turn 201. annares has completely conquered the third continent while my troops performed brilliantly during the retreat (Pas-de-Calais type).

68.9*KB

Is the land enough for him to get domination ? I don't know but let me check ...
I have 682 tiles (27%) and I need 161 more tiles to prevent annares from getting his domination. Following manual countdown I conclude that I can only get 108 more tiles on my continent.

My population is now 426 with 42.1% of the total, while annares can still develop it's newly conquered lands. I will strive to keep the percentage over 40% in the foreseable future.

I'm researching Rep Parts (which probably a. does not have) while he has Scientific Method, Atomic Theory and Electronics ahead for sure plus maybe Corporation and Espionage. I'll make Rep Parts because I need it bad, then go for Espionage and Communism (I need those Police Stations).

25.67*KB
I have jumped my Capitol to Delhi (red dot) while my FP is in the starting area (green dot). Development of the new area is rather slow but will hopefully gain pace. My starting area is now building some happiness buildings (I only have 4 luxuries) but will then focus on military.

I will keep a defensive stance until I can build serious navy (I hope I have oil) and then I'll try to hassle annares with many destroyers.
Old 15-10-2004, 14:37   #33
yndy
Prince

I gave up to annares, my economy was growing so slow, annares had outrun me in all fields and had technically the possibility to get domination (he estimated he needed two more turns to get that).

Congratulations annares, it was a nice game, I hoped to split the middle continent but could not do that. Next time I'll go for pangaea and a smaller map.
Old 15-10-2004, 15:53   #34
Darkness

Tough one Yndy, but Mr Micromanagement is a pretty tough adversary, I think...