Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 21-01-2008, 18:38   #281
Whomp
King

OK they're done and now we can focus on the Aussies. We'll need more cannons to pull this off so I'd recommend upgrading all our trebs and start in on cannons. I'd like to take Ricors so building an overwhelming force there may be the only way to do it.

We could also go to their north and follow their stack that's hitting Robboo and try to pick off some injured units.

I'm inclined to stay on their coast to spread them out and delay their conquest of the continent.
Old 21-01-2008, 21:27   #282
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Some upgraded, more underway. We'll bomb them to smithereens.

Frenk and Mecca should get Academies if we don't bulb the GSci's - they're our best science towns atm (Blue Orchid already has one)

I'd keep our boats further away than just out of sight, in case a frigate came around.

Tech path: Liberalism? We need those civics bad...
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 03:11   #283
Whomp
King

Yep. Back the galleons down and putting academies up will probably help us more than putting you in a GA.
I also think we can start focusing more on economy now that we have cannons. Liberalism next.
Old 22-01-2008, 21:16   #284
JerichoHill

Agreed. Will switch to cannon production.

Collateral damage is gonna be our only shot here...
Old 30-01-2008, 05:53   #285
Whomp
King

OK before we go what do you guys think? We have them on units as they have 1 gren, 3 muskets, LB and xbow in the city with 60% culture (big). Do we land or attack with a couple cannons then finish with our amphibious grens?

Bear in mind, they have rifles so we could see upgrades.

Our best bet imho is to raze all coastals so we can dominate the seas like we did with BC/Stapel.
Old 30-01-2008, 09:14   #286
Beorn
Disabled Vet

It'll be much slower than with Stapel []but I'm for it. 5 cannons should do the trick for city #1 ... we could always move around pillaging everything otherwise.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 31-01-2008, 03:05   #287
Beorn
Disabled Vet

There's a lot of people up there. How about we pack in and move South? They fortify, we run, we get a less important but less defended town. Our net cost will far outweigh their actual cost, then. Otherwise we get stuck with possibly little good coming out of an undecisve, risky attack.
Old 31-01-2008, 20:25   #288
Beorn
Disabled Vet

No losses razing Ricor

Cannons did great, yous bombed the city, I sent my first one to see if I could get better than 12% and it retreated, dealing a lot of collateral - I just sent the whole pack and lost nothing.

There were 2 frigates in the city: sunk with the rest of it all.

I think we should move the boats 1S, to be 1 tile further down already. He's got guys on foot so we have the spped advantage if we go down, not if we go right or around. I'd go all the way down to the next big city: Perth
Old 01-02-2008, 15:46   #289
JerichoHill

Yes, I think thats the right idea...First blood goes to our team...

ill continue to pump out cannons
Old 01-02-2008, 15:57   #290
JerichoHill

I moved our forces out and theyve begun their voyage to perth. We revealed a siz 6 city with 2 longbowman defnding it...i figure were going to perth