Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 10-07-2007, 14:10   #11
Tubby Rower

the ones that whine about the salaries are probably as shabba has stated. Until just recently I never paid attention to salaries. Now I look at those more than the cost to buy the player. something that I'm not sure about is how I ended up with 1701 members of my fan club. I realize that I have had stretches of wins with a few losses, but still... I have more supporters than mistfit who has been around at least 2 seasons longer than I have and we both promoted in our 3rd seasons. but he can still get more people to his home matches than I can get to mine ./
Old 10-07-2007, 16:02   #12
Shabbaman
Administrator

Attendance numbers are erratic, to say the least. If the HT"s want more money available, they could simply tweak the formula without telling anyone. I was in third place for the better part of the season, but my (moderately sized) stadium was filled to something like 75% most of the time. Supporter mood drops too fast. Being kicked out of the cup in the 7th round? BOOH! We stay home!

So an even larger stadium might compensate for this, to benefit from that occasional away victory. But now that expanding your stadium has become more expensive some seasons ago...

See? There's the inconsistency. "Let's make things more expensive, that makes it more difficult to earn money." "Let's kill the interest rate, so people will spend money." The policy isn't aimed at developing a stable base of income.
Old 10-07-2007, 20:38   #13
Kemal

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Going bankrupt (whether in 3 weeks or 3 seasons) indeed takes little skill, and is not a lot of fun either.
But isn't this what the HT's announcement is about? Valuable players have become too cheap, everybody and their mothers buy titanic players, and are whining they don't make enough money to pay their wages. At least, that's what I make of it. I doubt there were that many titanic PM's in the dutch 5th, or 4th 10 seasons ago.
It might be that this is what the announcement is about, but fortunately the game punishes this behaviour well enough that changing salaries will not make a difference.

In the end, more money/lower salaries only shifts the denomination of titanic+ to (for example) mythical+ for the large group of whiners/suicide teams in the game.

The change may be seen as a form of general amnesty to all teams that have come into financial problems because of a decrease in income. Most people I've seen going down in HT were not willing to downgrade their team to stay financially healthy after the market crash, and ended up going bankrupt even while still having a long supportership running. A lot of teams are in danger of ending their HT career this way, and it might be the HTs want to keep as many of them on board, by giving them this second chance.

Those that have not learned, will be buying/training mythicals in a few season anyway, and still lose their team due to mismanagement.
Old 10-07-2007, 22:00   #14
Robboo
King

I have avoided the salary pressure by essentially playing with 1 keeper, a full set of PM trainees, only 1 extra F and D. Injuries as I have now hurt but I have made some money expanded my stadium and should promote this year ( 3rd season).

Now remember..they never said anything will happen...they wrote it as a negotiations. I am just guessing here but what if they give you a break for home grown players or a salary break starts on the new players added to the game.( present salaries of players don't decrease) It would take seasons to have a dramatic effect on the prices and it would inflate the youth trainees prices due to the salary break. So you would in essence create a more favorable economy for those who train for the time being. By then the stamina rules and youth academy would have changed the game to a point where it would need tweaking again. Unlike real life, this is simualtion that is not all inclusive so things need to be adjusted to get it to work "better".
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 22:26   #15
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:

Those that have not learned, will be buying/training mythicals in a few season anyway, and still lose their team due to mismanagement.
But they spoil the competition. It's unfair[/whine].

We'll just have to wait a few days I guess. But I have little faith in the HT gods.
Old 10-07-2007, 23:57   #16
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Quote:

But they spoil the competition. It's unfair[/whine].

We'll just have to wait a few days I guess. But I have little faith in the HT gods.
Interpreting this oracle of HT is generally not that difficult. And this time it states: "the gods are going to cave to the whiners."
might I be wrong I balme it on the oracle.
Old 13-07-2007, 19:57   #17
sz_matyas

Wow, not the changes I was expecting at all and makes all of my moves seem terrible, especially rushing to upgrade my stadium and not using debt to the fullest extent.

On the other hand I'm thrilled that they didn't simply cave on players salaries even if it means they are going to adjust the match engine to affect the market. Still it gets hard to make long term plans (something they seem big on) when they are busy changing things every season.
Old 13-07-2007, 23:07   #18
socralynnek

OTOH (apart from the stadium change) the current changes prefer those with solid long term plans mainly because they didn't change the salary formula as such.

I think the measure are quite ok.
Old 13-07-2007, 23:52   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

The good thing is that I can start hoarding money again. Now, on how to obtain that money... keeper training anyone?
Old 16-07-2007, 15:01   #20
Tubby Rower

well they just finished assigning more exact ages to players. I have one of my trainees that is still 17

except for the players indicated, they all have the correct years. fwiw 112 days = 1 year in Hattrick. So they likely made all newly 18 year-olds spread out between 17 years and 57 days and 18 years and 56 days

Tomas Rönnwald 17 years and 77 days - winger = formidable +0.5 &lt;should have been 18
Ángel Anania 18 years and 16 days - winger = outstanding (just popped)
Germán Adrián Ramón Grasso 18 years and 11 days - winger = formidable +1
Józef Studniarek 18 years and 4 days - winger = formidable +0.5

Maximilian Gurmann 19 years and 24 days - winger = formidable +0.5
Niklas Magnusson 18 years and 42 days - winger = solid +4
Kostadin Filipovi#263; 20 years and 51 days - winger = formidable +2
Marco Machado 18 years and 92 days - winger = solid +4 &lt;- should have been 19