Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 27-12-2004, 04:57   #151
Rcoutme

This is a modified version so that the Japanese can go first.
Rcoutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 05:33   #152
romeothemonk
King

I bombed Iwo with conventional weapons. Units were injured, but I have no idea of how much. Massive reshuffling and healing this turn. We hope our allies can do something really useful, because all I can do is scare Arghis with the threat of Nukes.
Old 30-12-2004, 05:46   #153
Justus II

Aparri
We continued the re-conquest of the Phillipines, by landing at Aparri. After 2 F/Bs and a destroyer redlined the defenders, the 2 conscripts were no match for my Elite Marines, and were quickly overcome. Due to a stupid misclick on my part, I left myself out of moves to finish off the remaining conscript on a hill.

SW of Hue
Naval bombardment (2BBs, 5-6 CAs) redlined two stacks of 2 conscripts each, and then tanks rolled in to finish them off.

RAF Bombing Campaign
The RAF focused more on strategic bombing this turn, using massive numbers of F/Bs, redlining some railroad guards and then destroying the rails and roads underneath. Rail connections were broken SW of Foochow, N of Hue, and S of Hanoi. A couple attempts to damage the tank army at Hong Kong were unsuccessful, but the Courthouse was destroyed.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 21:59   #154
Rcoutme

The Dutch had no combats to report this month.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29   #155
romeothemonk
King

I captured Saipan, sunk a sub by B-29 in the North Pacific, Nuked Canton and Near Bangkok. I noticed riots lots of places, is the Japanese Empire crumbling??
Remember I already apologized in advance for all the nukes.
Old 04-01-2005, 18:11   #156
Justus II

Tired of the RAF and Royal Navy getting all the credit, the British Army and ANZACs stepped forward this month in a series of offensives in Indochina. Of course, they wouldn’t have succeeded without air and naval support, but at least the main effort was on the ground.

Hue
A powerful naval bombardment (2 BB, 5 CA) redlined all defenders, 4 infantry and 2 flaks. Then the tanks moved in. Although one Medium Tank was lost, all defenders were killed, revealing the tactical genius of General Wingate. He moved into Hue and organized the First Tank Army, which exploited out of Hue to kill off two infantry and take out a Jap radar tower. Another medium tank finished off an infantry outside the city, and General Slim emerged. He retired to the rear for an undisclosed location.

Bangkok
With the defenders already on the verge of exhaustion due to radiation sickness, ANZAC infantry had no problem removing two defenders and taking the city. A Light Tank also took out an annoying holdout infantry on the spices.

F/B’s flew multiple sorties to redline various infantry in the surrounding countryside, including 2 MG battalions at the airfield north of Hue.

Near Aparri
Although we lost one F/B to interceptors, an ANZAC finished off the remaining defender on the hill, clearing the Phillipines officially of the invaders.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 00:00   #157
Rcoutme

The Dutch are...ummm...redeploying...yeah ...that's it, that's the ticket! We're currently redeploying for a massive assault on Tokyo!
Old 05-01-2005, 14:14   #158
Arghis

This report is from turn just before Canton nuking (while CDZ was down) and for all those lurking here.

Commonwealth

Near Hue

Para damaged by artillery & killed by inf
M. Tank damaged by artillery & killed by inf
L. tank damaged by artillery & kamikaze & killed by inf

Inf killed by para x4
Inf killed by M. tanks

CA Leander damaged by kamikaze

Near Apari

DD damaged by kamikaze & bombers

Bombers shot down by AA

------------------------

This game is a complete non-sense. I'm loosing my time. I WILL NEVER NEVER AGAIN play a game with AP ON !

And remember, that i made mistake is something that i fully agree and accept. I've been playing all kind of (war) games since the last 24 years. But here, excuse me, i don't see what i can do against such a rain of nukes ...

@Justus II : you had 2 leaders this turn ? Wow . At least this is something that i have a (slight) possibility to circumvent.
Old 05-01-2005, 18:40   #159
romeothemonk
King

My rain of Nukes will be slowing as I swap over to more marines. I cannot nuke more than 2 times per turn. There will be more nukes coming for quite some time though. I am looking forward to ToS, as that should be more fun, and/or balanced.
I would consider it a Japanese victory if they make it to 45,000 Vp's. I thought we were only playing to 40,000.
Old 09-01-2005, 13:42   #160
Arghis

Warfare

Commonwealth

Near Manilla

DD Tenedos damaged by bombers

US

Near Saipan

DD damaged by fighter-bombers & sunk by DD

@romeo : "I cannot nuke more than 2 times per turn. " Aah, but that is good news ...

here's a glimpse of the new japanese camo style ! lol ! Better laughing of it.