Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 08-11-2004, 09:55   #131
Arghis

If akots wins, well he deserve it. I won't attack him just because he's taking the lead. Now that Rome is no more and considering the poor way the IA act, it is obvious that this game is done. I could raze Scyths if you want, but what is the interest ?
As for Arbela, what do you want me to do. I have razed it because this offensive will have achieve a part of his goal (that is making a breach in your defensive borderline - a very efficient one because of the movement penalty coming from all the forest / hills - which implies that whenever / wherever i go you'll have all the necessary time to reorganize your defense thanks to your road network, and so take back the initiative). Of course you will rebuild Arbela; i was just targetting this time one of your major city.
Old 10-11-2004, 14:50   #132
romeothemonk
King

This turn I killed 2 hoplites that were vacationing in egypt. I was rather annoyed to see that Arghis had dropped a considerable force down there. Dang his galleys.

I will delete my old saves from this game in the next 36 hours unless I hear otherwise. Akots just passed me in points, and I think it is rather silly of me to keep hanging on to 40 mB of saves.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:29   #133
Arghis

Well, you know, Egypt is a beautiful country; Macedonia, as a gift to his brave hoplites soliers decided to offer them some holiday on the Nile. People likes changes :-)
Old 11-11-2004, 15:11   #134
romeothemonk
King

I noticed that Arghis must be doing an R and R campaign as he now as over 10 units in Egypt. Or had, or something like that. He can expect an awful lot of rioting this turn as Mycene fell to the Persians, along with 3 hoplites, to no cost to my glorious troops. Oh and one other thing too. Hehe. Did you know that it also acts as Wall Street? Ain't life grand?
Old 11-11-2004, 17:04   #135
romeothemonk
King

I noticed that Arghis must be doing an R and R campaign as he now as over 10
units in Egypt. Or had, or something like that. He can expect an awful lot
of rioting this turn as Mycene fell to the Persians, along with 3 hoplites,
to no cost to my glorious troops. Oh and one other thing too. Hehe. Did
you know that it also acts as Wall Street? Ain't life grand?
Old 11-11-2004, 17:06   #136
romeothemonk
King

Sorry for the Douple/triple posts. I have a dial-up connection and sometimes CDZ and my ISP don't get along or something.

41.32KB
Old 12-11-2004, 14:27   #137
romeothemonk
King

This turn saw the destruction of 2 hoplites and a heavy cav in Egypt. I lost 1 immortal, but it looks like Arghis will carry on with his plans and burn a few cities. That is cool with me, as they are egyptian citizens and really not that friendly with me since Arghis got Egypt to redeclare on me.
Old 13-11-2004, 11:52   #138
Arghis

You're wrong on the fact that i'll burn every cities. I just razed what is necessary ... Your road network always give you the advantages of the attacker. Well, that's the way this game is.
Old 13-11-2004, 15:24   #139
romeothemonk
King

This turn I killed 1 HC and 1 hoplite, recaptured Kuhmn and captured a worker. Arghis still holds the Deep nile, but that may change shortly. Of course, Hadrians wall makes it a bit tougher for me.
Old 07-12-2004, 13:18   #140
Matrix
Administrator

Is this game still alive?