Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 19-05-2008, 16:10   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default Us storytellers

Here's a nice idea: let's make a story by writing a paragraph (max. 10 lines) one by one. It's something I did with a friend of mine at elementary school and it always creates funny and crazy stories.

Rules:
- Don't post until at least two others have posted after your past post.
- Keep comments limited to not polute the story too much. (And make it italic, or whatever.)
- Don't spoil the story by making too crazy twists. (Like: "And then the universe exploded and the big bang started all over again.")
- Let's work to an ending once we reach the 5th page.

I could write the first paragraph, but I have to do groceries now, so I leave the honour to someone else.
Old 20-05-2008, 03:20   #2
Whomp
King

So I just got back from the grocery store and it was the weirdest thing. This guy comes up to me and asks "how do you like your cumquats"? I said "no one eats cumquats because they suck donkey balls". He said "oh..you make a good point"...whipped out his wallet and gave me 10 euros for the fuck of it. I took the 10 euros and converted it into 15 dollars and bought lottery tickets and a cumquat with it...
Old 20-05-2008, 09:01   #3
socralynnek

Buying one single cumquat is indeed something very strange. It's like running for just one step. Or eating one marshmallow. At least I was sure, that I did something that no one else has done before. And no, I am not talking about buying dollars with euros.
Old 20-05-2008, 10:57   #4
Matrix
Administrator

Anyway, a few days later I went to the grocery store again. That guy had worked upon my mind all the time. There was something strange about him, like he had...orange pupils or something. I didn't pay much attention to it, because I was too preoccupied by his question. And what's with that 10 euros? Anyway, as I said I was in the shop and just when I was about to take a pack of milk I heard "The cumquat was good, wasn't it?" I looked up and his eyes were orange. "Who are you?" I asked.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:22   #5
Whomp
King

He said if you can answer my riddle you shall have your answer along with a very special key, 100 euros, an orange cumquat and a bus pass. Here's the riddle...
"In a contest, four objects(a very special key, 100 euros, an orange cumquat and a bus pass) have been placed in four closed boxes (one object per box). People may guess which object is in which box. 123 people participate in the contest. When the boxes are opened, it turns out that 43 people have guessed none of the objects correctly, 39 people have guessed one object correctly, and 31 people have guessed two objects correctly. How many people have guessed three objects correctly, and how many people have guessed four objects correctly?"

Old 21-05-2008, 09:20   #6
socralynnek

That was an easy task for me. As there can't be anyone guessing exactly three things right, I just had to do a simple calculation. "Ten people!", I said, very proud of myself. He gave me the four boxes and I was already looking forward to see whether the orange cumquat develops into an orange frog. The bus pass was not a good prize, as it was only a pass for cumquats. At least my new orange fellow could now take a bus. The strange guy finally said "Well, if you can solve a riddle that fast, you would have found out about me anyway. So now I am going to tell you who I am..."