View Single Post
Old 13-10-2008, 09:39   #48
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
Why defend it? Let the king have it after it served its purpose or maybe we can give it away to an ally.

The seatiles alone will generate 3*12 + 4*6= 60 food. 7 fishermen eat 14 food, so that's a 46 food surplus excluding the city tile. I'm not sure how the center tile is handled but judging from Shabbaville we'll get 3 food even the tile has only 1 food. That would amount to 49 food a turn which is a colonist every 4,05 turns.
I don't know if you can achieve an independence victory if you've lost one of your cities? Never tried this. Maybe you have to take it back before you can win the game?

We could try to give it away though (also never tried this, but the option is in the diplomacy screen so I assume this is possible).

The yield of this city would be tremendous, but it's a serious investment for sure (and it will take quite a bit of time to get it running). And what are we going to do with all those colonists. Education is somewhat expensive in the long term in Col2. Also, the higher the population, the more liberty bells needed, and as a consequence the REF will grow bigger...

But if we try this, then I suggest starting the city ASAP and build a schoolhouse there. That way we could try to educate all the fishermen that we're going to need for the main island in that city.