View Single Post
Old 27-07-2006, 16:47   #7
DavidC

After a rather long hiatus when we lost one of the 4 players, the game was saved by Barbu who came
in to replace vbraun !

We are now at turn 42 and the crazy run to Philo is still on, with most players with Iros civs.
My strategy to exchange techs at start, lose a turn and then get my industrious Ottos to go for
Writing is paying off. I went for a very quick Settler factory and am now churning 4-turn settlers
like no tomorrow. I can now see from the score that my Ottos are bigger than anyone else and this
gives me a good feeling for the Philo run, even though I'm attentive of Whomp's great play.
I really hope it does not come down to that 1 turn as I am playing last
But only 5 turns to get there from turn 42 is pretty good, I also used money from one civ to give
to the other to fund max research.

51.74KB

With industrious workers and amazing start, the Ottos (called Apache in my game) are surely the best
civ for quick expansion and fast research.
Each of my cities are on river, they produce first a warrior then a worker who roads all tiles
being worked and then a granary for fast expansion farmer gambit !
The lands are extremely rich on this continent and I can only imagine that we all have the same
food rich lands.

52.8KB

On the other hand, my Sioux (Iro traits) have produced a huge amount of warriors to explore my
continent and defend my 'farmer gambit Apaches' this seriously slowed the Sioux expansion but
now that I am confident I am alone on this continent (or almost as you will see) I have turned
SiouxCity into another settler factory as Goal#1 is to Expand As Fast As Possible !

77.5KB

The interesting discovery is that there is a long peninsula to my North/NorhtEast and this could
be an isthmus to a fellow continent dweller, this could be very funny and would mean a mostly
economic game of expansion favouring micro-managers like me

46.16KB