View Single Post
Old 28-02-2006, 19:36   #31
WackenOpenAir

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

What about the second settler? How much longer will it take to get the 2nd settler with the ealrier 1st settler? or is that not a concern?
For the first settler it is not a concern at all, it must be build before the granary. For later settlers i am not sure yet when i will build a granary.
Only when the production exceeds the food for settler production in the city so that after the granary, it can catch up the lost time.

A new city is worth 3fpt.
A granary helps me from 4 to 6.7 fpt for a net 2.7fpt.
And a granary takes longer to build.

Note that while a granary will make the 3th 4th etc settler come earlier, that first new city will also be producing food and thus new settlers and workers that now come earlier.
In this stage of the game, the only matter is optimizing your total fpt. (well, in multiplayer, commerce also has a somewhat increased significance, but i decided that while increased it still is very insignificant compared to food since Gozpel wont be doing the full rep slingshot anyway)

I have not done this in an excel sheet because this is a very clear case of settler before granary. I may calculate it more precise for later settlers when the time is there and when i know exactly when and where i am gonna settle my next cities. Excel only decided yet that i will build only 1 warrior.
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote