View Single Post
Old 26-10-2004, 21:39   #7
Justus II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

I think your priorities currently lie in your north-west : the spot with sugar, game and cow, and the spot with incense. Too bad they're so far away, but it will pay off later. You must be quick to settle now, because your settler factory is delayed. I'm confident in your RBCiv's experience to master the AIs at least. akots is another story. BTW, you should have no problem getting Philosophy first with your agricultural trait. What are you plans after that ?
Agreed, I need to settle west quick. With Carthage to the distant south, I should be able to wall Japan off if I can get the next 2 settlers out quick enough (I may even do another from Amsterdam after the granary), then settle my eastern backyard in a more orderly fashion.

As for tech, my current plan is to use Philo to grab Code, then research Republic ASAP. I would hope between those 2, I can trade for the remaining early techs. After that, depending on what's still available, I would expect to research either Currency or Lit, as those are the ones the AI is least likely to get for me. With only 2 neighbors (unless/until I can get a suicide ship across), I'll probably do a lot of my own research in the Middle Ages.

I'd like to get a decent stack of warriors ready by the time I get Iron Working, as a short war to trim Japan before they get Chivalry would probably be a good idea. (Of course, that assumes we have iron).

Quote:
quote:It also is next to a river. What a coincidence.
Yes, I was afraid I'd miss out by moving south. One of the reasons I thought about settling on the spot, or moving north, was that I'd be more likely to find a food bonus. But, to really get the most out of my curraghs, I wanted to get them out early scouting for me and making contacts. We'll see if it was worth missing the cow for a few turns!

Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote