View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 06:59   #8
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 57: I make peace with Korea, because they have Mathematics to offer. Peace, Writing and 85 gold for Mathematics it is. After this I trade Mathematics to Spain for Horseback Riding and 12 gold.
For the first time I can see that Krys lacks techs: Math and HBR...

Turn 61: I have Philo at first and choose Map Making as my free tech. I have been sending curraghs back home and will now build settlers and harbors. But also the Lighthouse...

Turn 62: Spain demands Philo, doesn't get it and I'm at war...

Turn 80: I discover Literature and I'm the first. Except for me now also Spain knows Map Making. But somehow Krys didn't buy it from them . I have the Lighthouse in 6 turns, but getting it is seriously slowing down my growth. I probably should have made it into a settler factory

Turn 82: Korea again demands tribute...tough luck. That's the 2nd tribe I'm at war with.

Turn 83: I finally know why Krys didn't buy from Spain. I created an embassy for 130 gold and see that he's at war with Spain, Scandinavia and Korea.

Turn 85: I'm an idiot an built the Lighthouse. Now I'm in the Golden Age

Turn 87: Being in the GA and being the only one knowing Literature I might just as well start The Great Library...

Turn 93: I take a gamble and tell the Spanish to beat it when they demand Literature. I'm again at war and not entirely prepared, because I combined the TGL run with a settler push. Luckily I have a number of galleys and sea domination.

Turn 96: India declared on me as well (out of the blue), but doesn't have Map Making. Spain is worrying, with a galley close to my core.

Turn 97: Spain lands a spear and a warrior next to a new town All I can do is kill the galley, fortify my warrior and hope for the best...

On the bright side: I'm 13 turns from the Library and no other has Literature or a wonderbuild going...

248.98KB