View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 23:28   #18
anarres
anarchist butcher

190: Sumeria has (for the first time in the game) some spare gpt. I get 23 gpt and 31 gold for Democracy.

191: It's party time on the Dutch island!

126.03KB

I have 40 Cavs and 10 Muskets there, the Dutch are fighting (and winning) against England so I expect to walk it. I have a perfect rep so far, but I got an RoP to make sure of the invasion. Before attacking I buy Nationalism for several hundred gpt.

Groningen first for 1 Cav loss, then I raze ??? losing another Cav. Utrecht falls next, I lose 2 Cavs and raze it. Rotterdam falls now and again I lose only 1 Cav.

I found 2 new cities: Prilep and Ohrid. Ohrid rushes a harbour with the help of an 'ex' Dutch worker.

Checking diplo KR has Nationalism already, so I sell it to the French for 26 gpt and 41 gold.
From England I get Dyes, WM and 7 gold. The Dyes I get on my next turn from the Dutch island, but this way KR can't sell it for Dyes on his turn.
From Sumeria I get 34 gpt and 45 gold for it.

Here is the Dutch colony now:

134.72*KB

Since I kept my # of cities low I intend to rush the Palace if I get an MGL from this war. I estimate this would allow another 80% on my total production once the cities are developed, although at first I would face a small drop in overall produciton.