View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 23:17   #2
anarres
anarchist butcher

63: Research Philosophy. Unusually I choose Map Making for my free tech.

65: Found Smyrna.

66: The Dutch demand Map Making, but since they can't reach me I refuse.

71: A brave Curragh has survived 4 turns in the ocean and made it to a far away landmass.

74: Found Heraclea.

Wow, the landmass I found was Kingreno's island!

31.02*KB

Check the diplo!

26.98*KB

Kingreno wants to trade - I get Literature and 50 gold form him for Map Making.

80: Found Trebizond.

80: Research Code of Laws.

87: The English demand CoL - I refuse and they declare war.

89: The Sumerians demand Lit - I refuse and they declare war.

92: Found Sardica.

99: The Dutch land next to my new city - I will have to make peace this turn.

64.22 KB

Luckly I meet France this turn, and I buy Construction for Philosophy, Literature and 379 gold.

Now I make peace with the Dutch, giving Construction in return for HBR and 23 gold.

On inspection I see Kingreno doesn't need techs from me, and since he may know the English I make peace with them giving Construction for Polytheism and 41 gold. Shit, KR doesn't even need Poly...

My WH has dropped from +3 to +1 in all my size 4+ cities, but with some juggling I can get away with 10% lux.

104: I research Republic. I hit anarchy and draw an amazing 4 turns!

I can get Republic and Monarchy from either France or England, I go with Lizze and get both techs and 5gpt. I get Engineering as my free tech.

I make peace with Sumeria giving CoL, then gift 4 ancient techs to get them to the Middle Ages. They get Feudalism as their free tech, which I buy for Monarchy, Engineering and The Republic.

Hehe, I am now Republic, Feudalism and Engineering ahead of Kingreno. I doubt he will have Mono so it looks like I am doing well.