Thread: Cartoon thread
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2003, 07:57   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

I like editorial cartoons a lot. One of my favorites appears in the dutch De Volkskrant, but we have enough dutch cartoons here. This one was on the clipboard in our coffee corner. For those who missed it, I'm in Energy and Environmental Sciences, so that's probably why I find this one funny. On the other hand, I can imagine that there are people who don't understand it, or miss the joke.

U.S. energy policy is even dumber than their foreign policy. The good thing is, failing energy policy can be proven scientifically. They make it really easy btw, just look at yesterday's events. Blackout in NY, now that'll make up for what percentage of the Kyoto protocol?
On the flip side, the dutch government has some real problems with 'science' as well. In the US it is quite obvious that an open market approach to energy production (that's something different that sale btw) doesn't work. Recent problems with the warm weather show this as well.

Hey, more work for me! Hurray!

OK, here's the cartoon. It's an oldie, the 2nd of june to be exact, and I've got no idea why it was in the paper back then, but I suppose that there was some government publication or something.