View Single Post
Old 16-03-2011, 20:31   #3
Kingreno

I love this game. Played all civilazations and spend many many hours on it. I do recommend highest diificulty... as it tends to get too easy especially with Romans.

The Julii should get Segesta easily and then build up a few turns to get Mediolanum and Patavium. Go friendly with Britons and/or Germany and wait till they get to war with Gaul and ally with them. Hire some horsemen if they come around, and use your familymembers! Their guardcavalry is great for flanking the huge gaul infantryhordes...

If it takes longer attack the Croat and Dalmatian Rebels, there is gold there and the adriatic is decent for naval trade.

Also, as the Julii, you tend to miss vital trade income; mainly naval trade as that gives very good cash. Keep an eye on either Sardinia and Palma. Carthage usually gets hit by Numidia and the Scipii, so these are easy pickings.

The economy is tricky at the start, use townwatch or peasants as garison for your main towns, they are in no danger of attack at all so need only the MP duty. Focus one city on Infantry and the other on Cav/archers/trade.