View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:57   #16
socralynnek

The essential elements[9][10][11] of a scientific method[12] are iterations[13], recursions[14], interleavings, and orderings of the following:

* Characterizations (Quantifications, observations[15] , and measurements)
* Hypotheses[16] [17] (theoretical, hypothetical explanations of observations and measurements)[18]
* Predictions (reasoning including logical deduction[19] from hypothesis and theory)
* Experiments[20] (tests of all of the above)

-----
from wikipedia (Scientific Method)

I don't say Creationism or ID are rubbish.
I say, it is not scientific and therefore it must not be taught in biology classes (only in philosophy or so).

If all people would have said in the past: "The world is like we believe it is and all other evidence for it being different is just false trails to hide the truth" we wouldn't be talking here. Computers would surely have never been invented.

ID and creationism are not based on what we really can observe and try to challenge by experiments/further investigations. The point is: It might even be true (although almost everything points another way), but we wouldn't get anywhere in science if we'd say: There are flaws in our current theory, although it explains almost everything we see, so the complete opposite must be true. That has nothing to do with logic.

I don't condemn anyone believing in ID or creationism. But that is where it belongs: Belief, Religion. Not science.
(And challenging current theories is a good thing, but an argument against the current state of ToE does not mean ID is more likely)