Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hattrick forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   CDZ Cup 5th Edition sign-up and discussion thread (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2310)

Dell19 17-03-2005 12:49

You could get some doctors to make sure its only one week.

yndy 19-03-2005 22:58

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Yeah, it is Yndy.
Right, now I really hope you wore your dipers at that time :D
Seriously, I found it very funny, never read it before.

To continue with the off-topic I unbelievably managed to get 41.5 stars today, my personal best so far. And two of the defenders were actually forwards. Oh, on a related off-topic subject, shooting training sounds like a bad choice so far, but I'll let everyone know in the appropriate topic when I have conclusive results.

Dell19 19-03-2005 23:32

I have a feeling that shooting training is still too weak when compared to either SP training or scoring although its something that I'm planning to train for the two weeks in the offseason.

Kemal 20-03-2005 01:03

Quote:

quote: Oh, on a related off-topic subject, shooting training sounds like a bad choice so far, but I'll let everyone know in the appropriate topic when I have conclusive results.
Hmm, to get it back on topicL sounds like bad news perhaps for those in the CDZ cup that still need to play Chimica, if that may mean you change training again anytime soon and start to play a more, lets say, "competitive lineup" again in your friendlies... ;)

English_brit 20-03-2005 02:58

lol Yndy.

ciuly 20-03-2005 13:47

I'm a little bit troubled about the match against Grasshoppers Elm. He didn't accept my chanlange and his last login is on 11.03. If he doesn't accept until Monday afternoon I'll have to look for a friendly, so that I don't lose the training.

socralynnek 20-03-2005 23:39

Here I am again...
Cup match is accepted.
I was on a trip to Barcelona for one week(but I guess a 0-5 lost would be better than to play the game...)

Melifluous 22-03-2005 23:05

Quote:

quote:
Meli's Manglers - Chemists 6 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 22/03/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 38275790
Arena: Meli's Manglers Arena
Crowd: 1074

The 1074 spectators at Meli's Manglers Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Carrol, Castellanos, Bryan - Magnusson, Carroll, Sprengen, Dzhugashvili, Quigley-Parks - Taylor, van de Duin.

Chemists tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Fugate - Parker, Cueto, Beal - Dobbins, Vivas, De Moral, Collazo - Brown, del Valle, Nätynki.

Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Chemists were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Manglers tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Chemists's Jonathan Collazo got himself booked. Xavio van de Duin gave his Manglers the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. The game was close to savage at times, and Chemists's Jonathan Collazo received a second yellow card in the 27th minute, his ticket out of the game. Manglers were forced to a substitution as Stephen Taylor couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Walsh Greenwood to come in from the sidelines. Bill Carrol received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 36:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. In the 37:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Walsh Greenwood dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Manglers. The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After 40 minutes Chemists´s Carlos Cueto contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Walsh Greenwood squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 40:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. Manglers put themselves up 4 - 0 when Xavio van de Duin broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Halftime score was 4 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

In the 60:th minute Manglers put themselves up 5 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Walsh Greenwood coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. By then Walsh Greenwood was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Rick Sprengen enjoyed the sunshine and demonstrated his stunning technique over and over again. In the games 70:th minute, Xavio van de Duin could have extended the lead, but his very hard free kick went just over the bar. 78 minutes into the game Jeffrey Brown had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Anselmo Mininni. The referee showed Chemists's Darius Beal the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Frank Magnusson putting the lead up to 6 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 81 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Félix Becerra. Walsh Greenwood was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Chemists player was without a doubt Anselmo Mininni. However, Carlos Cueto made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 0.
[lol]

Melifluous

akots 23-03-2005 02:36

Good game it has been!

Seems like my trainees are going to spend some time on the bench watching the games instead of training and playing. Last week Yndy knocked out one and this week another is out.

But I have something to celebrate as well, Chemists having 1003 supporters starting as of today! [:P]

Melifluous 23-03-2005 02:58

How long is your player out for?

You took out my best forward!

But only for a week. [:p]

Melifluous